Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Big moments coming

Everything was left unchanged... speak of inflation easing but vigilance... the third option was that they would say nothing and do nothing...

I'm not playing anything right now... this meeting was good enough to probably keep a floor in place but we have to see what the market does overall after this is digested. I do not exptect there to be a blow-out through support here... at least not until/unless another catalyst brings it on...

I was a little late on the move today... good trade starting yesterday before the meeting... but with risk... as always I will record what happened and learn. Little lost, I only hold some POT and otherwise all cash. There were gains to be had here for sure. The TA techniques I've learned have helped a lot... but I am still learning on this front... I feel I saw what was coming but the timing was off a bit. As always I will process this, record it, and learn from it. That is how I have become better and better so far...

Now let's let the market settle and see where we go from here. I plan to post the LT bull market post I made this weekend either tonight or tomorrow...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My conservative nature when it comes to investing (a good thing overall) told me to wait until after the fed but there is a also an Be there First thing.

The markets have jumped early
UYG
COF
Retailers
Many stocks at 52 week lows.

On the short side money has flowed out of coal and fertilizers commodities in general
JRCC -6%...

So the Street was less patient than I am...
But now in this moment of truth I have taken some time off from work to play this...
What do we do if:
1. The Fed has any downside surprise to the market?
I will short right back down the gains logged in so far and take the greedy Street's money.
That means buying SKF or shorting UYG
That means buying SRS
" " MZZ

Probably mostly UYG/SKF. I am also looking for individual stocks that have shot up to short
2. The Fed's coments are bullish
SDTH has a ways to go I will buy
UYG could go further
QLD could shoot up ahead of RIMM earnings

I'm continuing to look right now... I will let the charts decide...
Best,
J



This blog is for informational purposes only. It does not give investment advice.

No comments: