Thursday, July 10, 2008

Stops and the like

A whole post on this is in the works but is not finished so until posted I want to say a few words...
Stops and risk management are very important. If you have long positions that hold profit we are in a downtrending intermediate and long-term market... If you hold profit from plays in OI or ISRG or on a bounce off of the 10 from FEED (which I played and sold yesterday... I did not buy FEED but watched it and played its bounce but always try to raise stops for a reversal to keep profits and minimize losses...) or on most other names....

I highly recommend that you use actual stops or mental stops (set a place to sell and then sell) on most long positions holding profit. This allows profits to run if the market goes up but protects also... Do what you think is right of course but this has helped me a ton...

"The Yellow Rose Street Beat" is for informational purposes only. It does not give investment advice.

No comments: