Saturday, February 21, 2009

Stocks and Notes


I don't have much time to post this weekend but I wanted to add a few very quick notes. First, the buyers would love to break 800 on the SP to produce an enormous squeeze. If that happens, which I deem unlikely but possible, the resulting move could be a great shorting opportunity and should not be immediately looked at as evidence that the market has bottomed. This market can go a long ways up before it would be considered anywhere near overbought.

Second.... I again want to emphasize some biotech names I really like on an upward move in the markets. HGSI has debt but also has many catalysts. I really like this name and maintain that I would like to do a post on this. MYGN is a very strong stock... though I have not looked at it very recently. CMED represents a stellar company and is on the 'sell China' discount rack. It showed relative strenth earlier on the bounce from below 15 up. A move up in the FXI may be very good to CMED. APWR is not a biotech name but I also like this at current valuations if the market and FXI start to rebound... and I would also throw SOHU into this mix.

"The Yellow Rose Street Beat" is for informational purposes only. It does not give investment advice.

No comments: